Friday, June 30, 2006

Link to "Interesting Sites"

This morning I added a new link, “Interesting Site - GB” to my blog. As I come across other interesting web sites I will put them under this link. How long a site will remain will depend on when I come across another interesting site, or who knows, even an interesting blog.

As you know from Evie’s blog, later today we are off for the weekend in our RV. Thinking of this year’s travels and the price of gas reminded me of the Gas Buddy site. People from various areas post gas prices in their area. The prices are current within a day or two. As price posting is dependant upon how often people in that area post, stations appear and fall off the list.

As you will see from the map, prices are posted from across the US and Canada by state/provenance and regions within the same. I have used the site when I travel. It has helped me to plan where it is best to stop for gas. In these days of high prices, filling the tank 50 miles further down the road can bring significant savings (or stopping 50 miles earlier than normal). For us, filling up the RV’s 55 gallon tank the savings really add up.

I hope you will find the site helpful as well.

3 comments:

Evie said...

I should think the Canadians will find this interesting. As bad as our gas prices are, theirs are even worse!

Christian said...

In Connectict regular is going for $3.17 a gallon. It's between $55-$60 to gas up our minivan depending how empty it is.

It is wild...we are flying to Florida and it is cheaper than driving! Who would have ever thought the day would come when you could say that! And my minivan is one of the most economical minivans on the market..25 mpg highway!

Barbara said...

This weekend we were up to $1.06 a litre!