Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Why I Have Started

Since she started blogging I have been visiting Evie’s blog two or three times a week. Following the conversations has been informative as it has helped to keep me abreast of family news and even provided insights into the hearts of my sisters.

An observation I made has caused me to do my own blog, albeit less frequent and not at the same quality as Evie and the others. So what is the observation that compelled me to enter into this world? It was the list of the participants on the Sears branch of the family…Barb, Evie, Joanne, Cathy, Mel, James and now Jen.

I am sure Evie has noticed the tread, six female voices and only one male voice. Several male voices need to be added to the conversation. This is not a male superiority issue (a concept which us guys need to hold as a passé concept) or gender race of some order. While the dialogue and sharing family news is via blogging is not a competition, such conversations are best when there is a balance. Hence, I am challenging Stephen and my sons to consider blogging…and possibly Dad. Kudos to James for being the first from the Sears branch to enter into this space and dialogue.

Kudos also to Christian for being in there long before many of us….and thank you for your postings. It would be even better if we could only get one or two others from the Camuti branch blogging once every week or so.

So now you know why I have started my own blog. And I have chosen a background that makes it easier for Dad to read. I may not post as often as my life’s partner or my sisters, but I have started. One cannot be engaged until one enters the conversation. I hope other Sears men venture forth as well.

6 comments:

Evie said...

Welcome! As Barbara likes to point out, blogging can become addictive. I'm looking forward to hearing some more male voices online.

Barbara said...

Alright! Finally a brother enters the blogging world. I've tried to encourage Stephen to join us, and now that you are doing this, maybe he will follow suit. I'm looking forward to hearing your points of view on things. I have a feeling, however, that your posts will become a little more frequent than you anticipate ... well, Evie already said it.

Can I add a link to your Blog on mine?

Dave said...

Barb....link away

Christian said...

Welcome...one of the things I like to do each day is read all of the blogs from friends and family.

Jenn said...

i felt bad at first when i read aunt evie's link and i thought, how did i miss uncle david's blog? now i know why. now i'm not the newbie! thanks!

Joanne said...

Hey big brother! Glad you've joined in. I'm working on Bruce now, maybe some day we'll see his as well. Now all I have to do is figure out how to set up links for everyone on my blog.