Friday, April 13, 2007

A Lesson Learned"

With great humor my secretary, Erika, told me that on Wednesday her twenty year old nephew was driving in DC while talking on his cell phone. Passing an intersection he saw someone he knew. He waved, kept driving and talking on his cell. Less than block later lights flashed telling him to pull to the curb. The officer said if he terminated the call he would have received only warning, be kept talking and was issued a $100 ticket for talking on his cell phone while behind the wheel. The officer issuing the ticket was his uncle.

His uncle and Erika hope there nephew has learned a lesson. Regretfully, they have their doubts.

5 comments:

Evie said...

$100 is a pretty expensive lesson.

Christian said...

If I am talking on my cell and a cop drives by,I just discreetly pull my hand toward my head and make it look like I am scratching my head,or just drop the phone in my lap.

However, to still talk on the phone while pulled over...that doesn't seem too bright! I should be careful though. My first speeding ticket was in my dads car...a car much faster than mine. My radar detector was mounted on the dash, but I had just stopped to eat and forgot to plug it back in!

Jenn said...

that is tooooo funny! i think cell phone talking and driving should be outlawed - we survived 100 years without it!

Barbara said...

So, I wonder who paid the fine. Him or his parents?

Hopefully he learned his lesson.

Dave said...

As he is working he will be paying it. His mother will refuse to give him money for this