Friday, May 25, 2007

Fifteen Signs Summer Has Arrived

How do I know summer has arrived?

1. Josh is taking final exams, albeit early.

2. We are going through Josh's needs, buying items for his departure next week.

3. Hotels are charging summer rates in DC and the Greater Hampton Roads area (Williamsburg and Virginia Beach).

4. Going south to Richmond on I95 on Fridays between 12:30 and 8:00, and Saturday mornings between 7:30 and 12:30 moves at a crawl the whole way. And you crawl east along I64 Fridays after 3 and Saturday mornings (beach traffic). Stephen learned this first handhand.

5. Traffic going to the office Fridays and Mondays has become lighter due to "Feddie Hours."

6. I have to call to get the camper in for inspection.

7. We are starting to clearn up the camper.

8. Oakton Band Boosters last night drafted the budget to put to the full membership at the end of year concert which is next Thursday.

9. Oakton Band Boasters has its executive slate for next year, including Evie as VP (they asked for one of us to take the position. I ducked that one as I am on the road too much) and the first Orkney meeting for the Marching Band takes place next week.

10. The DYS is rarely seen around DHQ.

11. On weekends I walking around in shorts and sandals.

12. The AC has been running constantly at the office and home for weeks.

13. College kids are back and filling positions around the community, including at DHQ.

14. Motorcycles galore on all major roads.

15. And lastly, the pool opens today.

4 comments:

Christian said...

I am one who welcomes the arrival of summer. Today the thermometer in my car read 91 degrees. It is always within a degree of the real temp.

We set up a pool for the kids...just a little one, but Tucker is having just as much fun, if not more than the kids. He is dunking his head totally underwater.

Welcome Summer!

Barbara said...

Ahhhhh! Summer is here. Yesterday John and I went up to the trailer to cut the grass. We didn't want to open it up, however, since we are getting a new one. I'm looking forward to trailer season.

Jenn said...

hopefully #11 did not also include socks!

Dave said...

No socks.