Saturday, October 13, 2007

Follow-up on 3 October Blog

This is the follow-up to the 3 October blog concerning baseball’s statistical framework, some meaningful and others less so. I tossed out some figures/statistics associated with my life, some meaningful and others not meaningful. Kudos to Barb for attempting to figure out the statistics. Those that are in blue are items that Barb correctly identified. The answers are in red.

a) 18,899 days (this is an easy one)
- days since I was born
b) 2 (this is enough for me thank you)
– number of sons/children
c) 2:49 (this is from July of this year)
– time it took to get to and through US Immigration at Buffalo after leaving Bracebridge following Nana’s funeral
d) 12 vehicles
- number of vehicles that we have owned and company vehicles for our use
e) 7 in June and July of 2007 – number of DCI live competitions attended in stadiums
f) 4-10-9-4-2-2-2-7-5-6+ for a total of 10
– ten different places and the number of years spent living in each place by sequence
g) 91.6 (linked to “c”) – maximum speed going from Bracebridge to Buffalo
h) 16.1 miles or 41 minutes – standard daily commute to the office
i) 25,000,000 – most money I have held in my hand at one time
j) 9.7 mpg
– best mileage we have had in the camper
k) 11 Corps
– number of Corps that I have considered my Corps
l) 95.1, 93.7, 91.6 (if you get “g” you will get this one)
– known top three maximum speeds as recorded by the GPS. Yes, sometimes I have a heavy foot.
m) 1:31 (from July)
– the time that it took to get from the Bracebridge Corps to the junction of 407 and Hwy 10.
n) 52 days – the number of days from posting to Christmas
o) 247 miles
– the NCV Corps furthest from my home
p) 5, 6, 7, 20 - our four birthdates. Josh on the 5th, Jonathan on the 6th, I am on the 7th and Evie on the 20th. Evie recognized this one right off.

q) 33 – number of airports flown into/out off
r) 5 games in 2 days
– number of major league games Evie, the boys and I took in over a two day period in 1993
s) 16 stadiums – different major league baseball stadiums
t) 5 out of 23
– number of business days I am in the office this month
u) 100,000.0 (hit this on Josh’s birthday)
– miles reached on my car to the exact tenth as I pulled into my parking spot at the house

4 comments:

Evie said...

Barb did pretty well at these. I didn't post my answers, but I only got a couple more than Barb did.

Barbara said...

I won, I won!

Hey, I got R right. I said baseball games you attended ... and that was right. 5 games in 2 days. I didn't say totally number of games you attended ever.

Ref .... I want a second opinion!

Dave said...

Barb, R and S are in blue indicating you got them right.

Jenn said...

$25 million dollars????? i think the most i've ever held is $25!