Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Oakton HS Baseball Show 2006

The last few posts have been on the heavier side. The other night I stumbled across Oakton HS's 2006 baseball show. The tape is from the competition in Charlottesville Columbus Day/Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. It was known as the mud bowl. Oakton was the Grand Champions that night.

Josh is in the two ensembles. He is the inside of the two trombones. He can be seen clearly at the start of Take Me Out To the Ball Game....he is the one that tosses the ball into the air.

1 comment:

Josh said...

This was the show that the field was a complete mud pit. The ball was covered in mud when I picked it up to put it back in the pouch I had it in. That meant my right glove got dirty as well. And then at the end, I'm one of the backfield conductors (the one on the right side, might not be able to see me) and because of the mud, I took my mouthpiece out and held it in my hand while conducting. I set my trombone in the mud in a way where it wouldn't get that much mud on it (and in a spot where it didn't look like there was much mud). I loved that show. My favorite still has to be my freshmen year show, though. The Pirate themed show with "Hook" and "Pirates of the Caribbean." That was an awesome show.