Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Haircut

Yesterday before going to Williamsburg I was in Culpeper VA for a noon meeting following a stop in Warrenton. Needing a haircut and in Culpeper with thirty-five minutes to spare I went to a shop to get my hair cut where I experienced a unique haircutting style.

The stop cut my hair with a vacuum system. My hair was vacuumed into a hose with cutters. The traditional trimmer was used on the bottom to cut the hair down to the skin. For the top another vacuum attachment was moved around the scalp…not only cutting the hair but messaging the scalp in the process, a most pleasant experience. After twelve minutes the haircut was done versus the fifteen to twenty minutes I normally experience, and the $12 cost was very reasonable.

I loved it. I think I will be planning my haircuts around visits to or through the Culpeper area.

2 comments:

Catharine said...

a few years ago I was flicking through the tv channels and on the shopping network was a vacuum system for cutting hair. I thought it looked interesting and wondered how it worked. I wonder if the hair has to be all the same length, so on layered hair it wouldn't work...

Barbara said...

very interesting concept.