Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Going With the Flow part 2

If you have not looked at the blog posted earlier today, do so and then return to this one.



As promised, the other two dramatic pictures are below.

We are coming out of “Pillow Rock Rapids” and our line was a little off. The ramification of being off line can be dramatic. We nosed into a rock cut. I am in the front above the ACE sign and Evie is behind me. From the second you will see that gravity and momentum persuaded me to take my first swim of the day. The boat passed over me and picked me up about 45 seconds after my swim.

In the afternoon, four of us ended up in the river again, all three guys and Evie exited the raft as “Fuzzy Box of Kittens”. That exit was caught on video…yes we have the video of it.




3 comments:

Barbara said...

awesome pictures. Looks like a lot of fun.

Dave said...

Barb, it was exhausting. We are going to go back, it is just a matter of when. If you are into this the only time to do it is during September or October when the river is at a full rage. Oh, by the way, you have to be 18 to run the Gueley in September and October....16 to do it in the spring and summer.

Christian said...

It looks like a lot of fun. It is something I have always wanted to do. I once had a chance to do it when I was a teenager, but the weather didn't work out for us.

I thought about taking our teens in Maine up to try the Kennebec or Penobscot River in Maine but it also never materialized.