Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Vacation's Coming

Friday is coming and with it another week's vacation. We are off to West Virginia. We have booked a pair of horses to travel to the mountain top to watch the sunset Sunday evening. All day Monday, we hit the Gully for a 23 mile white water trip. The Gully is rated as a class 5 and 6 in summer and with the rain of the last few weeks it will be even more demanding. The Gully is the only river (along with the Upper New River into which the Gully flows) in North America that has been used for international white water compititions.

Where we go after Monday night is unknown at this time. Other than being in Winchester Friday and Saturday night for Oakton's marching band compitition Evie and I have not had a chance to think about what is happening in between. With me being on the road for 2.5 days last week and 4 days this week we have not had much of a chance to connect on the days between (as I type this I am sitting in a computer lap in Georgia learning a database...as they are going into batch enteries which my office does not do, I can zone out for an hour).

I am looking forward to Sunday and Monday. I hope we will to get some great pics to post when we can find a hot spot.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! I wanna come!

Evie said...

I just hope we don't spend Tuesday - Sunday recuperating from the activities of the first couple of days!