Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Bears or Colts?

In two Sundays we will have a religious like event taking place, the Super Bowl. Hundreds of thousands who give little attention to football, will end up watching the event. Family rituals will be altered for the day so that all can take in the whole game. Not only will the game be watched with great interest, but so will be the commercials, many of which will air for the first time during the game.

For whom am I pulling? Simple....the Colts. I view Payton Manning is a great quarterback and a class act both on and off the field. His stats speak to his quality as a quarterback. I like that the Colts have Bob Sanders and Dallas Clark, two Hawkeyes, on the team. And I also like the Colts coach, Dungy.

It will be an interesting game. The Colts high power offense up against the excellent Chicago defense. Ball protection and pass protection will be crucial for the Colts to win.

Who are you hoping will win and why do you like them?

5 comments:

Christian said...

I am pulling for the Colts. It is great that Manning was able to get that gorilla of his back and beat the Patriots. Hopefully he can ride that momentum and win the Super Bowl.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see both of these teams in the game, as I like both of them.

I think the Colts will win. Their O-Line's performance against the Bears bruising defense will be critical if Manning is to have any chance to perform his magic.

The Bears have had a good season, but I don't think their offense is up to the task. Rex Grossman is a young, inexperienced quarterback whose considerable talent has not yet developed fully. At this stage in his career, he doesn't come anywhere close to matching Manning's smarts and skills.

I just hope it's a good, close game and not a blow-out. Man, I hate it when games go lop-sided. Watching games like that is as much fun as cleaning toilets.

Jenn said...

hmmm.....i think i like the bears uniform better. yes, i would like the bears to win.

Anonymous said...

is it superbowl sunday??? I'm so glad that everyone in my house could care less. The only problem is that it means that there will be nothing good on TV.

Joanne said...

Bruce will just be happy if he's home to watch the game. As it stands now, he's working and on the road..........oh I guess that means I get the TV AAAAND the remote.......GOODIE!