Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I Am Ill

It appears from recent test results that I have caught one of our society’s modern diseases. I have come to understand that the affliction takes on many different forms and is not often easily detected by the casual observer…and that is good I suppose as in some circles one could be shunned by friends and families.

Fortunately for most who catch the malady it is mild. For others it becomes a full blown fever which can ravish the body and soul to the point where even the outside observer could notice that something is wrong. Unfortunately the first onset is not immediately evidenced and its early symptoms are interpreted as either nothing serious or as those belonging to a variety of other mild and short term diseases.

For most the symptoms become more and more evidences as the weeks and months pass. Yet, for a few the onset is sudden and fully consuming. And what makes detection particularly difficult is that the combination of symptoms varies from person to person. I wish it was detected long ago for I could have taken steps earlier and limited it from progressing toward a more severe form. I am encouraged and hopeful because my disease is not full-blown when compared to some others.

As mentioned this modern disease has a range of symptoms. The symptoms include, blurred vision, soreness and even pain in the joints of the hand, pain in the wrists and even in the shoulders. Fingers twitching is not uncommon. Pains in the lower back and the back of the upper legs can happen as well. For some the heart can become irregular or palpitate from time to time because of the increase stress the disease puts upon the mind and body. Insomnia is not uncommon. I understand that some find their hands sweating because of it. Sweating from the torso and face has been known when the ailment becomes all controlling.

I know one of the first questions after questions of prognosis are questions about medical treatment and insurance coverage. I already know the answer to the questions about coverage….there is little coverage in our medical plan. Hence, any treatment will have to be carried by myself.

I have elected to use this forum to inform the family and friends of disease. Calling everyone, explaining it and answering questions can be emotionally laden. This way you can read all about it and let this speak for itself.

Months ago Evie started to believe that I was ill. While I fear that she too is afflicted, I am comforted that we will are leaning upon each other through our time of ailment. I wish I did not catch this disease but that is what happens when you do not take the proper steps to ensure that one has proper protection.

Fortunately I am at a more moderate stage of this disease that was unknown to our foreparents. What I have is caputiuspiniblogitintarious. Or in layman’s terms blogispheritis. Who would have thought I would have thought I would have come down with this disease, but as I gaze at the number that says this is my one hundredth blog is less than a year, in less than nine-months, the evidence is clear….I have caught that modern disease, caputiuspiniblogitintarious.

Before Evie started blogging I read Barb’s blog once every week or so. When Evie started blogging I followed her postings at first twice or three times a week. This led me to reading my siblings blogs more often. When Evie encouraged me to do my own I shunned the idea, after all what would I have to say. I started to blog with the goal of only doing one or two a month. Lacking the proper protection for this high risk activity, I became infected and was soon posting a blog a week, then two, and then sometimes three a week. Now I am checking the blogs daily to see who has posted what comments to my blogs, what my family members have posted on their blogs and the comments on the same, and getting frustrated when some members who go weeks or months without a posting. Family news and pictures have become a fix I have come to crave. A couple times a week while watching TV, I find myself also seeing out blogs on other subjects ranging from politics to sports to RVs.

Yes, I have caputiuspiniblogitintarious. Woe is me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are worse illnesses we could have. And at least we can suffer together.

Jenn said...

hahahaha - at least you're not alone!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I warned you that you were going to catch this disease but you didn't listen! Well, you're in good company.

Christian said...

I have caught the disease as well. Sometimes I have short times of remission, but I usually always have something to share!