Monday, September 08, 2008

Where Is Unknown But I Am Leaving For LA or TX

Today I received the official word that on Friday I leave for fourteen days on EDS deployment. There is a large group from VA flying into Jackson Mississippi. At least that is the current plan. Where I end up will be determined in the coming days.

There is a good possibility that I will end in Baton Rouge as the team from Kentucky/Tennessee that is running the Incident Command is departing for home on Saturday and Sunday. Power is still out for a good part of the the Baton Rouge and southwest Louisiana area.

There is also a possibility that we will be driving into Texas in support of the Texas division's response to Ike.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

just in time for Ike too.

Dave said...

Due to Ike's unpredicability, our crew is not going to Louisiana. On Monday we could be on the way to Texas. Where is not yet certain.