Friday, July 17, 2009

Chevy SSR

Today I saw a two seater Chevy convertible that impressed me enough that I noted its name as I had not seen it before. I loved the lines and the semi-retro look. Alas, I learned the Chevy SSR had a limited production run of 24,150 vehicles from 2003-2006. Ugghh, it is no longer made....just as well as the $42,000 price tag and its engine would cause me to not look at it beyond a short look.

I was surprised to learn that the engine of the SSR was 5.3 L Vortec 5300 v8, the same engine used in Corvettes. A v8 is a very powerful engine for a vehicle of this size. Too bad it did not have a smaller engine and a price point in the mid to upper 20's....it may well have sold far more.













1 comment:

Evie said...

I like the look of the car with the roof down. I don't know if the photo with the roof up was taken from a bad angle, or if the car really looks that silly with the roof up.