Friday, July 03, 2009

Report on Josh

Due to rain we did not get a chance to see the 2009 Crossmen perform their show in Fort Edward. Evie and I spent two days helping to prepare four meals a day for the Corps….that is about 200 meals at a time.

I did get to take some pictures of a rehearsal on the afternoon of July 1, just about an hour before the rain started.


In this year’s show Josh is involved in a dance flair before the commencement of a small ensemble made up of baritones. Once again he is already well tanned…when he takes off his shoes and puts on his sandals his white feet stand out. He also has a light forehead as the cap peak has kept that area of his face from tanning as quickly.

It was a hoot watching them pull into the school in Fort Ann at 8:30 Tuesday. They had been on the bus from Erie PA all night long. They look exhausted, but they crashed for two hours before a 10 AM breakfast (prepared by a local civic group) and the start of their day. Though exhausted, Josh sounds and appears happy....he loves the rigor and the performing.

























2 comments:

Evie said...

It's hard work preparing 800 or so meals a day from scratch with no food processor. I chopped hundreds of pickles, apples, chicken, etc., by hand. And, I lost count of how many pots and pans I washed. I admire the people who do it for weeks on end. I don't have the energy for more than a couple or few days at a time.

Barbara said...

As I said on FB, I never would have recognized him! Too bad the show was rained out.