Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hotel Overlooking Hartsfield Airport

Since those first trips to old Malton Airport one of the things that I have enjoyed watching since I was young was aircraft taking off and landing. Saturday we booked ourselves into the Renaissance Concourse by the Atlanta Airport. The one feature I like about this hotel is that it literally is up against the airport and overlooks two runways. The rooms on the Hartsfield side of the hotel have balaconies from which you can watch the activity at the airport. Below are a few pictures.

The opulant rooms are just as quiet as most hotels. The windows and walls are extra thick. We were not really bothered by any sound from the aircraft.























2 comments:

Catharine said...

Great pictures. I hink I would pull up a chair and watch airport tv!

Barbara said...

I'm facinated by planes taking off and landing too ... especially when I'm not in them.