Monday, April 07, 2008

Desert Trip II

Following are pictures taken at the Grand Canyon. The Skywalk is in the corner of one of the pictures. People are not allowed to take cameras onto the Skywalk which we only learned about once we were on site. If we had known cameras were not allowed we may have gone to another area of the Grand Canyon. Also, the Skywalk is up a side valley with the main part of the Grand Canyon off in the distance. The second stop gives one a better view of the Grand Canyon itself. That said, the overlook at the Skywalk was still impressive.

The floor and walls of the Skywalk are glass. Visitors are given coverings to put over their shoes to keep from scratching the glass. For those who are squeamish or become squeamish out on the glass, they do have the inside and outside edges of the glass painted. More on the Skywalk experience to follow.









4 comments:

Stephen said...

I'm glad you had a great time. These are fantastic pictures! We are so pumped about our vacation this year. These photos have excited me all the more to see the Grand Canyon!

Jenn said...

the grand canyon is pretty cool looking. you certainly would not catch me on any skywalk...it's a bit of a compound word oxymoron in my opinion

Catharine said...

I would love to visit the Grand Canyon someday. I will probably have to wait until I retire so I can go in the winter. The other seasons are probably way too hot for me.

Gorgeous pics!

Barbara said...

I'm so jealous. We really wanted to go out to the grand canyon this year. It's on my short list of places to see.