Sunday, December 07, 2008

Blog Award Goes To...

I was given the following award by Jenn, my niece. Today she hit the challenge I gave her to surpass publish her 370th blog by the end of the year (with this post I too have reached my goal of 350…now I am hoping to hit 360 by the end of the year). Jenn has posted more than anyone else in the family.

Evie and I got to really know Jenn the summer she flew out to Winnipeg and traveled with us for six weeks as we traveled from Winnipeg to Ohio to New Jersey to Boston to the Maritimes to Newfoundland to Ontario. With that history I greatly enjoy following her posts that touch upon common issues she has experienced in her daily life. The family life stages through which she is passing reminds me of where Evie and I were some twenty or so years ago.


Though it took him some time to get started Josh has been posting since August. While a good number of his experiences at LSU have similarities to those Evie and I had at Asbury College, most of them are significantly different. Besides LSU being a much larger institution, LSU’s campus life, Tiger band and the culture in general is much different. Added to that is his love for Crossmen and DCI. I love reading both Jonathan and Josh’s blogs as they give me insight into what is happening in their lives and their thought processes. As Josh posts more often, he just published his 20th post, I am giving the nod to him. Congratulations Josh…and now you have the challenge of awarding the award to another (and it may go to someone outside the family).

1 comment:

Evie said...

Yes, Joshua has done pretty well at fitting a new blog into his new college lifestyle. Congratulations.

With regard to Jennifer's trip with us, I think she was with us for 6.5 - 7 weeks. She was with us for a few days before we hit the road, plus lots of travel and baseball games, plus two weeks in Newfoundland, plus a whirlwind trip back to Brampton (woke up in St. John or Moncton and drove straight through to her parents' house in one day; quite a feat with a 13-year-old, an 8-year-old and a not-quite 2-year old - plus two stodgy adults - in a Dodge Shadow hauling a pop-up).